NEW Wireless Network Access
Students are now able to connect to the WAI-BYOD wireless network by using their WAI login details.
Simply connect to WAI-BYOD and enter your username “myangliss\student id”, then enter your password.
| Username = Student number: e.g. 20000000 or HIL03056303
Password = your network password e.g. 050ME981
Students will have a download limit of 500Mbytes (per day) at high speed, to ensure everyone gets a fair go.
The LRC provides 89 PCs for students.
Windows PCs have the following software as standard.
• Windows 10 (Internet Explorer 11)
• Google Chrome
• MS OFFICE 2010 (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Project/Publisher/Visio/InfoPath)
• Windows Live Movie Maker
• Windows Live Photo gallery
• Events Air
• Adobe Reader 10
• Opera PMS 5.5 (Bay 5 ONLY)
• SummitPro v 9.86
• Camtasia (Media Pod ONLY)
• Endnote X9 (for Higher Education students only) - EndNote is pre-installed on William Angliss Institute computers in the LRC, A345, D209 and C213; so you need not download/install the EndNote software. If you want EndNote on your personal computers (PC/MAC) please navigate to MyWAI > MYLINKS > My HigherEd Software.
Laptops available for student loan from the LRC
The LRC has seven laptops, equipped with audio/visual capability, available for students to borrow for the day on campus ONLY.
Laptops cannot be booked. They come with a charger and cables and must be returned by the student on the same day they are borrowed.
In addition, a webcam is available for student use in the LRC, as well as single person use of the media pod and its high-end A/V enabled PC.
Media pod computer uses Windows 10 and also includes Adobe suite and for audio-visual recording Audacity and Camtasia.
Note: All computers automatically shutdown 5 minutes before closing time and printers are switched 10 minutes beforehand.