NEW Wireless Network Access
Students are able to connect to the WAI-BYOD wireless network by using their WAI login details.
“myangliss\student id”, then enter your network password.
| Username = myangliss\studentid: e.g. myangliss\20000000 or HIL03056303
Password = your network password e.g. 050ME981
Students have a download limit of 500Mbytes (per day) at high speed.
The Library provides 87 PCs for students.
Windows PCs have the following software as standard.
• Windows 10 (Internet Explorer 11)
• Google Chrome
• MS OFFICE 2010 (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Project/Publisher/Visio/InfoPath)
• Windows Live Movie Maker
• Windows Live Photo gallery
• Events Air
• Adobe Reader 10
• Opera PMS 5.5 (Bay 5 ONLY)
• SummitPro v 9.86
• Camtasia (Media Pod ONLY)
• Endnote 20 (for Higher Education students only) - EndNote is pre-installed on William Angliss Institute computers in the Library, A345, D209 and C213; so you need not download/install the EndNote software. If you want EndNote on your personal computers (PC/MAC) please navigate to MyWAI > MYLINKS > My HigherEd Software.
Laptops available for student loan from the Library
The Library has seven laptops, equipped with audio/visual capability, available for students to borrow for one week.
Laptops cannot be booked. They come with a charger and cable.
In addition, a webcam is available for student use in the Library, as well as single person use of the media pod and its high-end A/V enabled PC.
Media pod computer uses Windows 10 and also includes Adobe suite and for audio-visual recording Audacity and Camtasia.
Note: All computers automatically shutdown 5 minutes before closing time and printers are switched 10 minutes beforehand.