Renewing your items
- All items can be renewed unless:
- The items are overdue. Even one day late will prevent you from renewing.
- Someone else has requested them
- The items are in high demand, for example from the Reserve Collection
- You have already reached your limit for renewals.
How do I renew my items?
- Click on the My Account link (LRC Catalogue page) to renew online.
- Enter your login details and click on the Log In button.
Your login name is your student number as printed on your student ID card and your password is your network password
Student number /Username e.g. 20000000
Password is your network password e.g. 050ME981
Your login is either your payroll number, or the barcode on the back of your staff ID card, e.g. X1200000111. You will need to contact LRC staff to obtain your PIN.
- Tick the Select All box to renew all of your checkouts; or tick the box to the left of an individual item you want to renew.
- Click on the Renew button.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- If you have successfully renewed the item(s), the new 'Date Due' will be displayed.
- If the item cannot be renewed, you must return it to the LRC by the due date.
- There is a status column to the right of the screen which shows you a summary of your Checkouts, Holds and Fines.
- Send us a message via our online chat service requesting that we renew your loans for you. Don't forget to include your name and student number. Simply type your message into the online chat box.
- You can also renew items at the LRC Loans Desk with your student or staff card. Remember you do not need the items with you to renew them, just your current staff or student card
- Phone 9606 2237 during LRC opening times. Remember to record the new due date.
Returning your items
Items can be returned in two places:
- During LRC opening times, there is a return chute as you enter the LRC in the wall to the right of the entrance near the loans desk
- During times the LRC is closed, there is an after-hours return chute on the ground floor next to the elevator in Building B
Reserve and high demand items must be returned to the LRC Loans Desk